Thursday, October 06, 2005

Best Seller in Bratsdom

Putting my one year old daughter to sleep is a challenge posed to all, regardless of age, patience levels and relationship to her. Various methods are tested, tried, refined, and the process is ever-evolving. You see the little brat learns to resist and overcome every method too!

One of my recent methods has been to unleash stories on her. Though I am heavily criticized for the story-line from time to time, I have to fight for my rights here. Most of my stories contain an intricate mix of emotions. Consider the Chikudoo, Chikkidee story for example. The story has drama, suspense, thrill, anger and remorse!

** For those who scoff at my bedtime stories, and cannot identify the underlying emotion, I am highlighting the feeling **
Chikudoo and Chikkidi were two little birds who were best friends, and they were talking to each other: "Kuvvi kuvvi" they coo-ed. *Harmoniously*

While they were cooing to each other, a cat with malicious intentions stalked them. This villainous cat shall henceforth be referred to as "Miaow", since in bratsdom that is the noise that cats make. How did the cat stalk the birdies? Ta dam ta dam ta dam ta dam ta dam ta taaa da dum - dish! *With dramatic sound effects*

Chikudoo saw the cat coming, and screamed to Chikkidee : "Fly away Chikkidee - Miaow is coming" *Thrill and action*
Chikudoo flew away, but the Miaow caught Chikidee *Suspense - what happens next? Will Miaow free Chikadee?*
Chikudoo saw that Miaow caught Chikadee, and angrily shrieked - "Miaow, I am velly angee with you, why did you catch Chikadee?" *Anger*
To which miaow retorted - "Go away Chikadoo, I am going to eat Chikadee" * What an unco-operative cat?*
Now Chikadee told miaow that she too is angry with Miaow for catching her.

Every cat can handle one tiny bird's anger, but two birdie's anger is too much even for Miaow. So, he starts crying, and says "Unh unh unh - please don't be angry with me - I'll let Chikadee go!" *Remorse*

And so, Chikadee and Chikudoo fly away happily, leaving a sad Miaow * The happy end*

There are more stories - like Mickey plays hide and seek story, Minnie Mouse learning to put "Kolam" in Trichy, and many, many more! Those willing to risk a narration of these can get in touch with me, or stand outside the door while I put my daughter to sleep the next time!

2 comments:

BrainWaves said...

Very hilarious! Why don't your write about Mickey finding Baby goofy after sometime?

sdpal said...

Now I understand, why sriks sleeps outside the door!