Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Appy T'youuuuuuuu

I really like Mother's Day and Father's Day. Not so much for the marketing, but for the thought. One day when everybody takes a moment to think of the everyday things these wonderful people do in your life. A moment to appreciate and cherish our wonderful parents.

I was a proud mother listening to my toddler wishing me "Appy T'youuuu" multiple times on Mother's Day. She made it special by rising with the lark to spend time with me on a Sunday morning! I would have been happier still, if she had risen around 2 hours later, but it was fun anyway - its fun as your eyes adjust to the increasingly quick maneuvres with sleep tugging at the eyelids. Have you tried adjusting the Mouse settings on the Windows operating system to show the mouse pointer trails?

Something like that: my eyes were constantly shrugging sleep and trying to follow the path of the lil one.



I tried taking a nap later, but Father and daughter were determined to get me a gift, and before I knew it, I was a happy shopper at Great Mall. A tiring day of shopping done: we were back at home and took stock of the gifts purchased.

The toddler gets a booty (balloons, clothes, shoes and accessories), the father's wardrobe gets a facelift, and oops! The selfless mother gets another "Appy t'youuuuu" to make up for the oversight of not getting a gift!

I love being a mother.

5 comments:

Meera Manohar said...

Hahaha! So much for father & the nandu sindu lugging you all the way until Great Mall!!

I love seeing u as a mother too...Hope you see many many more like this (-:

nourish-n-cherish said...

Hey Meera......hope I see many more days like this, or many more nandu sindu's like this? Be clear girl - you just gave me a fright!

Meera Manohar said...

Well-- didn't think of it that way! But, now that you say, maybe (-:

sdpal said...

Well.. Who taught the nandu "appy toyuuu" ? Doddy or Mommy ?
Looks like nandu is enjoying all sorts of day with new dress and gifts..
What happened for fathers day ?
Did he get a 'appy appaaa' ? (and did she got a new dress ?)

nourish-n-cherish said...

Of course! What a question? Father's day also happened to Chocha graduation, so father and daughter got new clothes!