Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I need to get paid for this!

I am at training. The building nearby has lots of windows facing mine, and every now and then, I end up looking at the slides of the presentation passing up the interesting insights I've gathered by looking at the neighbouring offices. I have the information, that no amount of HR effectiveness can gather.

For example, I now know that the bearded bloke in the office on the 14th floor, and endowed with a window office drinks too much coffee. He needs to cut the caffeine. I saw him drink 3 cups in the afternoon yesterday. I pardoned him thinking it must have been a stressful afternoon. Now, he is already on the second cup - that is way too much!

The attractive lady in the office next to the bearded bloke has a fantastically decorated officespace. Now, you know where her time and energy is going. I even saw her tidy up her desk this morning.

There is another person who keeps glancing to the right wall while working. I am not suggesting there is a television hosted there. It might well be strategic acquisition plans or telephone numbers. But even though, I tried cocking my head to 33 degrees, and increasing the height of my chair to catch a better snapshot, it is a bit hard. So, I am going to go with the Television idea. OR I could brand her a narcissist in my mind, and assume a mirror filling the right wall.

The office above the bearded bloke and the attractive lady has been empty for 2 days in a row. What sort of employee takes time off during the holiday season - huh? huh? huh???

Gosh......I really need to be paid for stuff like this.

5 comments:

BrainWaves said...

Astute, Interesting & Funny observations.
One thing you forgot (which I should tell your employer) is, you are paid to listen to the Training and not make observation :)

Anonymous said...

"and every now and then, I end up looking at the slides of the presentation passing up the interesting insights I've gathered by looking at the neighbouring offices.

ROFL :-D! Sounds like me at some meetings :-P.

The Kid said...

parama vetti polirukkae!

Anonymous said...

God that was so interesting and hilarious :-). Yes. You definitely should get paid for this. You are gathering information, making notes in your head and then documenting them! :-) :-D he he ...

sdpal said...

Its definitely boring to sit the whole day at training (We get to browse and work (Yeah right!) at the training.


Good observation kiddo!