Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Blast from the Past

Yesterday, as I made my entry into the station, I stumbled upon a former colleague. It has been around half a decade since we had seen each other, and the hour's journey was not sufficient to catch up. As we were chatting about what happened to various people's lives, I realised that the particular project we had been colleagues in, was different in many ways. First, it was pulled through against enormous odds and second, most of us were practically living at the Bangalore office for almost 2 years!

So, when I did start talking about the various folks from the project, and the paths each had taken along life, it was certainly interesting. Much like pollen, we had scattered to various corners of the globe, and I suddenly realised that the only thing I remembered about folks were the good qualities in them. The friendly chatter, the kind hearted, the selfless. I am sure that there would have been unpleasant qualities that I'd have cribbed about when I was "in" the situation. As time passed however, only the happy moments stayed.

Though I have not stayed in touch with many them, there have been many a moment when I have thought about each of them. I am sure the converse is true, and the thought that I can go to some of them any time I need to, is comforting enough.

I stepped out of the train, and a person was looking at me intently, before hesitantly asking me whether I was working in Company 'X' 7 years ago. I nodded and found that he was the project mate of my best friend.

Well....well!

2 comments:

sdpal said...

Well, thinking about the goodness in people, depends on the personality of the thinker.

You do have very good personality then!

nourish-n-cherish said...

Thanks sdpal.