Monday, April 07, 2008

Another week-end went by:

Another week-end went by:
I felt strangely tranquil this week-end, an inner peace if you could call it that.
It could be any or a combination of all these things that contributed to that particular feeling:
1) I was excited because of the new dish I was preparing - I tried making vegetarian lasagna. Everytime I try something new, I behave like a child looking forward to cutting their birthday cake - eager and enthusiastic.

2) It may be because the cleaners came and rummaged through the house, and left it looking squeaky clean! The immense satisfaction I feel looking at a clean house, when I haven't passed out doing the cleaning, cannot be compared to any material pleasure in the world. I am not the only one - my daughter was so thrilled with the "cleaner uncle" around - a trip to Disneyland could not have made her happier.

3) I had a shelf which I was thinking of disposing, thanks to the closet overhaul the dear husband did with the closet organizer - the cleaners took it to their apartment to use. Boy, did that feel good?!

4) The trees in my backyard have now started sprouting flowers, and I even saw the first green apricots appear. Have I told you about this squirrel? He appears frequently in the epics of the cat and the squirrel enacted in our home at regular intervals. He is also overfed! The first time I moved into our home, I watched on idly as this little guy tottered on the fence, and ran up the fruit trees. Slowly, the bloodbath started. The greedy one, did not spare a single fruit. We were competing to lay our hands on fruit before he got to it. I am determined this time: that squirrel needs to go on a diet. I am taking all the apricots and freezing them this year! He can content himself with the plums in my backyard, not the apricots!

5) Spring meant that I could get up late on Sunday, and go to the park for a run, and play in the park in the middle of the day!

Aah....lethargy! How I miss you!

2 comments:

nourish-n-cherish said...

My tranquillity was long gone minutes after I published this blog!

BrainWaves said...

It is relaxing sometime to get into the activities we like most....

Tranquility has a shelf life ofcourse :)

You will get back it soon.. don't worry!