Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Itch Itch..Brain Itch!

Old Mac Donald had a farm - eiya eiya yo!
A "Moo Moo" here and a "Moo Moo" there
Old Mac Donald had a farm - eiya eiya yo!


Hey.....wait a minute, I have been singing this song incessantly in my mind for the past 2 days. I have to push this song out of my mind. So, I embark loudly on a slower melody

"Govardhana Giridhara Govinda, Gokula ...."

The minute I stop, the itching continues.

"Old Mac Donald had a farm - eiya eiya yo!"

Maybe, I should try reading a book. Concentrate dear mind, I prod myself - I am reading, but my brain is going "Old Mac Donald had a farm - eiya eiya yo!" in the background!

Drastic measures have to be taken now. I get up, and embark on a cleaning spree. After all, if you are busy doing something, Old MacDonald can't get you - Ha!

Clean clean scrub scrub

"Old Mac Donald had a farm - eiya eiya yo!"

More vigorously - CLEAN CLEAN SCRUB SCRUB

"Old Mac Donald had a farm - eiya eiya yo!"

The house is sparkling now, and Old MacDonald still has his farm!

A nap maybe? I wake up singing "Old Mac Donald had a farm - eiya eiya yo!"

If you can't beat them, plead with them. So, I plead with my brain - "Oh please - please stop singing this damn song!"

"Old Mac Donald had a farm - eiya eiya yo!" it taunts me further.

I try to uproot this menace at the source. I had picked it up while watching a Baby Einstein DVD, singing along with my baby. Maybe, I could try another DVD - that should stop it!

YES!!!! It worked - I am no longer bothered about Mac Donald and his silly farm. I am now thinking about the sea turtle enjoying the swim in the sea.

"Ohh yeah - I am having fun swimming in the deep blue sea"

Maybe, it will be easier to stop this one from getting to me.........

"Ohh yeah - I am having fun swimming in the deep blue sea"

3 comments:

sdpal said...

I will try to teach keerthana,
"manmadha raasa" song, when Im there. Heard, that shes learning quickly nowadays!

Please practice, "manmadha raasa, manmadha raasa" on your mind!
Soon, you will forget "Old mcDonald" song.

Meera Manohar said...

Mmm-- trying to get a new song in, POSSIBLE
Trying to learn words of the song to teach your kid, POSSIBLE
Not wanting to sing it all the time 'coz it eats your brain- IMPOSSIBLE!

Don't even try it Saumya--

When mahesh was a year old, he caught on to this title song (catchy one at that) of the magaaa serial 'Chithi' sung by Nithyashree. I was repeating that Aaaa humming for almost 3 years b4 he finally relented to switch to another..

Just imagine my plight? Most of my India visits were occupied by that wretched AAKAARAM and I have never even remotely hummed it in the last 3 years now ;-)

Old McDonald and swimming the sea has a rather looong way to go.. So brace yourself!

Manmadha raasa-- interesting thought Shanks! Let me try to identify 'thathuvamulla padalgal'for our nandu sindu

Survivor said...

Tun Tun Tun..TunTunTunTun..
TunTunTunTun.. TunTunTunTun..

Guess what,
I have been humming this tune for the past one week..Btw, it is a classical piece from one of Mozart's symphony.
How did I get it?
Because I live with a music enthusiast who is learning piano and I get to listen to it every single day :-)