Wednesday, November 02, 2005

T-r-i-n-g T-r-i-n-g

I could tell the smugglers that their ploy was no good. Their most cherished possessions were in our hands. My spouse and I are running against time to hand in the possessions to the authorities. We can feel the chase getting hotter, and in a desperate attempt to save our lives - we run to my brother's help. He works in Google(^) The company requires all employees to stay in the office premises - each employee is given a room, and all meals are taken care of by the company. All employees are expected to report for Dinner at 8 p.m. in the dinner hall (I hope Larry Page and Sergey Brin aren't listening!)

** This is where I should include the link to the page on Google's work culture, but I shall desist **

My brother's eyes grow wide in amazement when I show him the priceless statuettes we are trying to save! (*) We decide to spend the night there.

The next morning, hubby boy and self are contemplating other avenues of escape, when we spot a trucking area in China. The terrain is beautiful - a serene river flowing a few metres below, and a mountainous region with snow-capped peaks on all sides. There is a gargantuan person fishing in the river below.The weird fisher is shooting at the fish, while standing in knee deep water. Irritated with the fact that the weirdo is shooting at the fish, my husband tries to stop him by banging him on his head. I watch on shell-shocked as the huge guy gnarls and picks my husband far above his head!

** I can hear my husband say: "Hey, I may be dumb, but I'm not THAT dumb!" **

Startled I start screaming and rush to his rescue........

TRRRIIIIIIIINGGGGGG! TRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNGGG!

Oh dear alarm clock! How much I loved your sound this morning?!

Footnote (*) : I can see why his eyes widen - the statuettes are laughing buddha statues that one gets for a dollar in China Town!
Footnote (^): No, my brother does not work at Google! And Google is supposedly one of the best employers in the world.

5 comments:

Manohar said...

Footnote 3: and your hubby *is* as dumb as that. *rofl*

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

Couple of questions... I have heard that we only see things in black-n-white in dreams. Also that we cant see us in the dreams..Is it true?.. Also, I've heard that dreams last only for fractions of seconds... It always seems a lot to me...:)

nourish-n-cherish said...

I saw picturesque I80 like surroundings! Also, I sometimes have the feeling that I continue my dreams if I settle back to sleep soon enough :)

Manohar said...

there are dreams in which:
-I'm seeing myself from a third person point of view.
-In which i'm telling myself that this is a dream and another part of me asks can i prove it.. and i say to myself-- "simple open your eyes and the proof is there" and I find i can't open my eyes.
- i have also had ones where if i go back to sleep quickly enuff i continue the old dream
- i think i dream in color-- but I'm not sure if that is my interpretation after i'm awake. once in my dream i told myself this is a dream and noted that everything is in color. but thats not proof enuff i guess.

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

I was wondering about the following questions.

1) What will constitute the dream of a born-blind person?
2) Do kids dream?

I found some pointers in the following site. It has some very interesting facts about dreams.

http://www.dreammoods.com/
dreaminformation/dreamfacts.htm